See the full blog post at Aprilgolightly.com!
- Skill: Intermediate
- Designer: April Golightly
Needed Materials, Tools, and Surfaces
- 2 Packages SIMPLY ART® 12" Square Dowels - 10ct using 6 largest same size dowels
- SIMPLY ART® Wood Large Spring Clothespins 3 3/8" - 24ct
- SIMPLY ART® Wood Circles
- SIMPLY ART® Watercolor Cakes
- SIMPLY ART® Watercolor Brush Set - 10ct
- Burlap Ribbon (non-wired)
- Hot Glue
- Hot Glue Gun
- Picture Hanging Teeth
- 2 Nails
- Measuring Tape or Ruler
Step by Step Instructions
Using watercolor paint, paint each large dowel a different shade of blue. I mixed together some of the greens and blues to create some custom blues. The best way to do it is to bring the green into the blue color and mix. Don’t worry about creating the same color every time. I am going for an ombré worn look.
Paint one side of the 12 large circles using different blues and created blue from your watercolor palette.
Paint 6 clothespins in various blue colors, continuing to mix the green with the blues.
Cut 6 pieces of 1 foot burlap ribbons (without wires).
Use the hot glue gun to glue the dowels together lengthwise.
Pour glue down the back of the crack of the dowels.
Glue the wood circles to the bottom of the ribbons as weights.