Check out the full post on the Francois Et Moi blog!
- Skill: Beginner
- Designer: Erin Francois
Needed Materials, Tools, and Surfaces
- 4 Packs of SIMPLY ART® Assorted Square Wood Dowels
- Circular Saw or Mitre Saw
- Wood Glue
Step by Step Instructions
- Sort out 8 medium thickness dowels from the assorted wood dowel packs. Determine the overall width of your trellis, and use a circular saw to cut 4 of the 8 dowels to that width. The size of my planter dictated that the trellis width would be 7-3/4”. The remaining 4 dowels will stay at the full 12” length.
- Begin laying out the structure of the grid, starting with the vertical posts. Use a t-square to make sure they’re straight and equal distance apart. Then lay the horizontal dowels (cut in Step 1), over top of the vertical posts. Again, use the t-square to make them straight and even. When the dowels are in place, use a dab of glue at each intersection to secure them. Top with a heavy book and let dry for about 2 hours.
- Plant climbing greenery into the planter, and stake the trellis in across the back.